Made With Love

Yesterday I decided I wanted to bring a little of the outside colors of fall into our home. So I went for a walk around the campsite and snipped a few springs of various plants growing in abundance throughout the campgrounds. Then I brought them in and looked around our home to see what I could use to display them keeping in mind that anything used for decorating has to be small and compact, and hopefully able to serve multi-purposes… I settled on one of our pretty turquoise plastic water glasses, wrapped it in a piece of burlap ribbon my dear friend Robin gave me when she gave me a package of her beautiful note cards she made with love using some of her amazing photos she takes as she travels throughout the world, and I even used the feather she used to secure the ribbon around the note cards, to secure the ribbon around the glass, turning it into what I think is an adorable little vase for my colorful fall plants… What do you think?

P1040396

As Bill and I were taking our daily walk around the lake picking up trash along the way…, we saw our new friends, Helen and Chuck, who are the winter camp hosts here at Quail Creek State Park. You might remember a previous post I did where I mentioned that Helen and Chuck have been full-time RV’s and work/camp hosts for the past fifteen years, and have work/camped all throughout the country. They have helped Bill and I so much during our time here at Quail Creek, showing us the in/outs of RV life, and what camp hosting is all about. In addition, they welcomed us into their home when they first met us, and even taught us how to play hand and foot, a card game both Bill and I really enjoy.

Helen reminds me so much of my dear friend, and sister by choice, Holly, who lives in Arizona, in that like Holly, Helen is very talented and crafty. Helen makes all kinds of needlework items, and she surprised me last night when she gave me this beautiful hand crafted needlework card box.

P1040402

P1040404

I just love it and I love Helen for making it for me. Anyone that knows me knows I love anything made by hand, especially because, try as I do…., I’m just not very talented in that area what so ever.. 🙂  Thank-you Helen, for the beautiful card box, I will treasure it always.

When Helen and Chuck invited us over to play cards last night, she said she would bake a desert for snacks (as most of you know, I don’t bake sweets)  but I told her I would bring some chips. Then I decided I wanted to make a dip to go with the chips so I made this chunky garden ranch dip. Made with low-fat cottage cheese (about 2 cups), some finely chopped orange bell pepper and green onion, about three tablespoons of mayonnaise, and three tablespoons of dry ranch dressing mix. So easy and sooooo good.

P1040398

That was served with B-B-Q flavored Kettle Cooked potato chips. YUMMERS!

P1040399

Helen made these delectable looking brownies that Bill thought he died and went to heaven to get…. Then he really lucked out when Helen and Chuck gave him a plate of them to bring home too! Bill was doing the happy dance when he got home… 🙂

P1040401

As our time is winding down here at Quail Creek, I’m so grateful for the opportunity we have been given to have this first experience of work/camping, and for the wonderful people we have met while we were here. People like Helen and Chuck who are now friends, and part of the larger RV family/friends we have yet to meet as we make our way across this beautiful country and into Canada…

1. Lucie Veie
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 16:26:52

Thank you once again Virginia you always make me smile when I really need one. I enjoy reading about your adventures. I always know there will be something in them to make me smile. You are and have always been a beautiful blessing God put in my life. I love you and Bill very much.

2. Karen Reno
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 18:23:25

I love reading your posts and when I receive notification that you have a new one, I stop what I’m doing and take the time to read it. It’s like my own little chapter book filled with adventure! Larry and I are toying with the idea of getting a camper when we retire next year. We aren’t looking at anything full-time, but want something small that we can drag around the country when we visit relatives. If you get a chance, look at http://www.happiercamper.com. Cute, huh? Maybe we can coordinate locations. That would be fun. Love you and keep the posts coming!

Sep 22, 2015 @ 18:41:18

Thank you so much Karen. I’m so happy you enjoy my blog. This new full-time RV lifestyle Bill and I are enjoying is packed full of adventure and something fun and new everyday. We couldn’t be happier and are fully enjoying every minute of every day. I did look at little camper on the site you provided and I think it is absolutely adorable. Actually, we see a lot of those little campers coming in and out of the campsite here at Quail Creek. They are great and I think you and Larry will love it. Bill and I just received the official offer to work/camp at Buffalo Bill State Park in Wyoming for the summer of 2016. I am beyond excited as I have never been to Wyoming and can’t wait to see all it has to offer. Yes, if you do decide to get your camper let’s figure out a way to coordinate locations. What great fun that would be. Love and hugs to you my dear friend. XoXo

Sep 23, 2015 @ 04:13:55

Exciting to read your blogs. Each one is so interesting and you describe every thing so clearly. Wonderful how you and Bill have adjusted and love doing the adventure . You have make some great friends and have learned a lot about motorhomes. Keep posting and telling your stories.
    Love you guys💜😊🎃

Sep 23, 2015 @ 12:31:58

Thank you Aunt Ellen. So happy you read and enjoy my blog posts. It really didn’t take Bill or I long to adjust to our new way of life as full-time RV’rs. We’ve decorated our motorhome with things that hold special meaning to us and it has become a cozy cocoon for us to live in and enjoy. We just love it and are so thankful and grateful for this opportunity. We feel truly blessed. Love and hugs to all. XoXO

Sep 25, 2015 @ 17:27:18

Oh gosh…just went out to see images for Buffalo Bill State Park and WOW! This will be an amazing adventure for sure!! The landscape is incredible… I’m so happy that you kept a few of the treasures from my travels…and that you are finding ways to bring the outside IN! During the Oregon travels I saw so many pods and grasses that I would’ve loved to put together… You did an amazing job with your little vase…just goes to show how we can still be creative with very few and small objects! Love it! You should do a vase for each site that you spend time in…showing the variety of plants and creations you come up with!

I can so see you building a totally new group of friends as you travel…and knowing that these folks are so privileged to have come across the two of you as well!!!

Being selfish…I’m so glad your time is winding down and we’ll have some quality time to be together come this winter/spring! Yippee! Love you two! More!

Sep 25, 2015 @ 18:22:21

Oh thank you GG. I did have fun putting my little vase together and that is a great idea to do one for each site we stay at. Bro and I are over the moon excited to get to spend next summer at Buffalo Bill State Park. We are not only excited about getting to see beautiful Wyoming, but also about getting to meet the strangers that will become our new friends… So looking forward to spending time with you winter/spring. We will have so much to talk and laugh about… can’t wait! XoXo