Let Justice Be Served

This is an update to my last post on 1/12/17, titled “Outraged” , where I documented the incident of our daughter, Shantel, being attacked in her apartment by some scum of the earth thug that broke into her home, hit her, knocking her to the ground, then tried to strangle her until he was scared off by her neighbors responding to her screams. He fled with her cell phone which he eventually threw away after he realized the phone had been locked and had a tracking system on it.

Shantel called me last night to tell me the detective handling her case called her at work yesterday to let her know they caught this thug, arrested him and put him in jail. The detective said that this thug admitted to everything he did to Shantel. As a result, he has been charged with four felony charges for what he did to Shantel, and he has been charged with parole violation, carrying a concealed weapon, and possession of narcotics.

The detective also told Shantel that they put a restraining order on him for Shantel, and that because he already admitted to everything he did, he will go to trail, but Shantel will not have to appear. She can instead have a victim advocate attend the trial on her behalf if she wants.

Bill and I are very thankful for the swift work of the detective and the police that are working Shantel’s case. It is because of their dedication, and hard work, this thug has been captured and taken off the streets so he can’t hurt anyone else.

I think it is always awful when anyone thinks they can impose their will on another person, but I think it takes a special kind of evil to attack a helpless disabled person. All I can say now is let justice be served on him.

Bill and I went to Shantel’s apartment and Bill reinforced the deadbolt lock on her door. Hopefully she will be safer now in her own home.

I want to thank all those who expressed their concern for Shantel and who have asked how she is doing now. Shantel is a very brave, independent, young woman. She said while she is a little scared over all of this, she continues to move past her fear and carry on with her life.

Of course, as her parents, Bill and I always worry about Shantel. But at the same time, Bill and I raised her to be strong, and independent, because we know we will not always be around. We are so proud of the way Shantel has learned to live on her own, taking her rightful place in this world, and how she never lets fear stop her from living her life on her own to the best of her ability. Stay strong Shantel. Papa and I love you so very much.

Jan 26, 2017 @ 20:46:57

Please all who are concerned about the safety of Shantel, remember her in your prayers. Hopefully he will be put away for a long time.
    Bill

Jan 26, 2017 @ 21:06:55

Shantel is truly a very brave and strong willed young women and you two are to be commended in instilling those qualities in her while you were raising her. Thank God is is ok and the have caught the thug. It is unbelievably the abilities and the maturity she has , God has blessed her with amazing grace and strength to continue her journey through these trying times. Love you Shantel you are awesome💜💫✝🙏🏻

3. Karen Reno
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 22:10:37

Relieved to hear her assailant was caught and is in jail. Hopefully he will be locked up for a long time. I will continue to keep Shantel in my prayers for her safety. She is a very brave young lady. God bless her.

Jan 27, 2017 @ 16:10:16

I would definitely make sure that she has an advocate represent her. Strange stuff can happen in court and she needs to be assured she has representation. I continue to be in awe. Shantel is beyond amazing, but it’s also HOW SHE WAS RAISED. You two are incredible role models. Love you two so much. xoxoxo

Jan 28, 2017 @ 00:13:50

Yes, frissy, we told Shantel that she needs to make sure if she is not going to attend the trail, she has a victim advocate representing her… Thank you for your continued support of how Bro and I have been role models for Shantel. I can honestly say, raising Shantel has been the biggest challenge of my life, the biggest accomplishment of my life, and the thing I am most proud of in my life. XoXo

5. John Kirnberger
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 22:49:32

Good news! They should charge him with attempted murder too!

6. Lucie Vezie
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 23:42:15

Thank you for the update and for the fast work the detectives did in find him. As I have said throughout the years Shantel is my hero, she is smart, a hard worker, strong willed and beautiful. She is a blessing and am so proud of being part of her family. Glad that she is doing well. Love her and you guys so very much.

7. John Kirnberger
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 14:19:49

Good news! They should charge him with attempted murder too!