Christmas Cookie Baking 2017

Today Bill went to our daughter, Shantel’s apartment where he spent the day helping Shantel, and her best friend, Jaz, bake Christmas cookies for Christmas Eve, and to take to our family friends home for Christmas Day. This cookie baking day is an annual event for Bill, Shantel, and Jaz.

They made Neiman Marcus and Ginger Snap cookies, and a lot of them! They also made a batch of fudge for the Christmas celebrations.

Shantel loves, loves, loves, to bake. Bill captured the pictures below that show how well Jaz and Shantel work together to accomplish the job. Shantel and Jaz met when they attended the same college, and they have been best friends ever since. Bill and I feel so blessed to have Jaz in our lives as Shantel’s best friend. She is a very special young lady, and we love her like one of our own daughters.  Bill was helping with the cookies as well, but he had to stop every now and then to capture pictures to send to me so I could document the event on my blog for Shantel to read back on over the years. I just love seeing that big smile on Shantel’s face!

Shantel has no problem working in her kitchen. When she is cooking or baking, she likes to keep the cabinet doors open (so does her papa) but when I’m there, I have to keep asking her to shut the cabinet doors because I tend to walk into them… Funny how she is blind and doesn’t hit her head on the open doors, and I can see but seem to always walk into the open doors… Ha!

This next picture shows Shantel placing cookies on her coffee table to cool, and placing them in the storage tins after they were cool. She so loves to know that there are plenty of cookies for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and beyond… 🙂

From the looks of the first storage tin, I don’t think she is going to have to worry about not having enough cookies!

After all the cookies and fudge are made, the next part of the annual cookie baking tradition is that Bill takes the girls out to lunch which is the perfect ending to their perfect Christmas Cookie Baking Day!

I so love that Bill, Shantel, and Jaz, have this time together every year to bake and bond. They all look forward to it.  And, since I don’t like baking, it allows me an opportunity to have some “me time” without having to be involved in smelling the cookies I don’t eat, bake, or be involved in cleaning up the mess that goes along with it… Win, Win…

I spent my “me time” today making coconut curry chicken for our dinner, took a nice long walk, did some laundry, and posted this blog post… And now, I’m headed to happy hour!!!

Merry Christmas!

Dec 17, 2017 @ 22:21:18

It’s a win win situation for all. They do a wonderful job making those cookie. I’ll start mine tomorrow and hope they turn as good as Shantel and Jaz and Bill’s. It’s about our Happy Hour until later enjoy you dinner 🥘

Dec 18, 2017 @ 14:13:11

Yes, Aunt Ellen, they do really enjoy the whole process of baking Christmas cookies together. I’m sure all of your Christmas cookies will be beautiful and delicious treats for your family and friends. You should take a picture of them and post it for us to see! Merry Christmas. XoXo

Dec 18, 2017 @ 00:55:35

Gotta love win wins and especially if they include “me” time! I love that there’s tradition in your little family. So heart warming! Jaz is a gem for sure! Love you all!

Dec 18, 2017 @ 14:16:02

I do love those “win wins” with the “me time” in there… and I love that there are still lots of opportunities for our family to keep our traditions alive. Love you and Merry Christmas! XoXo

3. William Kirnberger
    Dec 18, 2017 @ 02:53:34

Well we got dozens of cookies made , and of course we had to test each type of cookie we made, just to make sure they were edible to share with our family and friends. I would like to thank Jaz for all her hard work you did a great job. Shantel I always have a good time baking with you, I hope you never lose the desire to bake for the Holidays.Love all three of my Girls

Dec 18, 2017 @ 14:20:29

So happy that you enjoyed the baking day as much as the girls did. A big thank you to YOU for keeping that tradition alive in our family. I have no doubt that the best part of the day was sampling each type of cookie “just to be sure…” I really believe Shantel will never lose the desire to bake Christmas cookies. Ha! All your girls love you too! XoXo Merry Christmas.