Flower Power

Flower power was a slogan used during the late 1960s and early 1970s as a symbol of passive resistance and non-violence ideology. I remember well the “flower children” era. I’m all about peaceful existence and non-violence, but I also really LOVE flowers. I have never been good at keeping flowers alive, but I so enjoy being around flowers. And here, at The Views Rv Park and Campground, in Dolores Colorado,  I have the opportunity to be around lots of beautiful wild flowers every time I take my daily walk. The park is so beautiful and clean. And the views are amazing. But if you love flowers, and pay attention to the little details throughout the park, you will have a “flower power” experience. Walk with me and you will see.

I don’t know the names of most of the flowers, perhaps you will, but all that matters to me is how pretty they are, and the peaceful feeling I get seeing them. These little white flowers are all over the park.

Some of them are pink and white.

There are lots of these pretty yellow flowers,

as well as these.

I love these delicate while flowers with yellow centers. Pretty little gems they are.

And these yellow little flowers dance gracefully in the wind.

We have lovely red roses.

I just had to get a closer look at this red rose in full bloom.

We even have what the owners told me is a apricot tree in the park. I can’t hardly wait for that fruit to ripen. The owners said we could pick what we want from this tree.

We have both purple and white lilac’s throughout the park. These were white, but even now that they are turning brown, they are still beautiful, and still smell great.

Look at the pretty color of the berries on this tree. I was told the owner’s daughter had that same color in her wedding party, and so bunches of these were on the tables at the wedding dinner that was held here in the park.

I’m pretty sure these are Orange Globe Mallow. We have these in Arizona, and whenever I’m traveling during the summer and see these, it always reminds me of my home state, Arizona.

Not sure what these are, but they are a bright, beautiful yellow when they first bloom, then like most flowers, they start turning brown as their season starts to end.

These beauties are snow white when they bloom, they too are starting to show some brown as the season moves on, but still so beautiful.

At the end of this day’s walk, I caught this little surprise out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it was another flower because all I could see was purple. But when I bent down and picked it up, the first thing that popped in my mind was a line from a childhood song “flying purple people eater…” but this little gem has two eyes. I couldn’t leave her behind so I put her in the cup holder of the work golf cart to brighten the day of any host on duty that day.

Thanks for joining me on one of my daily walks throughout this beautiful park. I hope seeing all these beautiful wild flowers brought a smile to your face like they do mine. If you get a chance, I hope you will come visit this lovely place. If you stay here, you won’t be disappointed.

Stay Tuned

1. Karen
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 22:39:10

Like you, I love flowers but rarely know the names. I love your pictures! Love learning about different areas of the US. By the way, on a personal note, we had a scare with Jack. His shoulder was bothering him and although it just needs PT to help strengthen the tendons, the spinal X-ray showed a small tissue mass in his stomach. He went to PCH today for a CT scan and we just got the news that it’s clear and all his blood tests are normal. God is so very good to us!

Jun 10, 2020 @ 23:19:41

Thank you Karen for your comments. So sorry to hear about the scare with Jack, but so HAPPY to hear all is well. I think about him often, and always pray that he has gone on to live a healthy, happy, life. I TOTALLY agree that God has his eye on your family, and yes, he has blessed your family abundantly.As you know we are in Dolores Colorado for the summer, but when we return to Arizona in October, we are going back to San Tan Regional Park, in Queen Creek. Hopefully, we will be able to do a hike and lunch together while we are there. Love and virtual hugs, Virginia

2. Robin
    Jun 10, 2020 @ 19:01:13

Wow! What a variety!! I have to say my favorite – even though it isn’t a flower – are those adorable berries!! I just love their shape! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful finds…and keep enjoying (and noticing and sharing!) the beauty of our earth. Love you!!!

Jun 10, 2020 @ 23:30:07

Yes, Frissy, there are more different varieties of wild flowers here than one can count. Those adorable berries are a reminder of my childhood. My Grandparents, and Aunts on my dad’s side, had a tree with those berries on it in their yard. We are so enjoying our experience here in Dolores Colorado. So much to see and do, I just wish more things were open like Visitor Centers etc. But we are all about staying safe, and not rushing to reopen things if it is only going to set us back with a spike of the virus. Safety first, even if it means staying home longer… Love and miss you. XoXo

3. Megs
    Jun 11, 2020 @ 00:59:57

I so love wild flowers too! I don’t have a green thumb, but I love the gifts mother earth provides for us to enjoy. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful finds. Colorado is one of my favorite places so I’m so happy you are enjoying your experience in Dolores. Love to you both!!! Big hugs!!

Jun 11, 2020 @ 12:47:04

We love Colorado too and are really enjoying work camping at this beautiful park. I’m still trying to adjust to the altitude 6,936 which isn’t really, really high, but for me, coming from flat-land Arizona, sometimes I feel like I have an elephant sitting on my chest, especially when hiking. It’s not as bad as South Fork Colorado was at 8,209, but I wasn’t working there. Hopefully I’ll get used to it soon. Still waiting for things to open up around here. Some places are slowly starting to open for business in Cortez.Dolores is still pretty much shut down.Our Catholic Church is only offering Mass to limited people by calling to schedule it but for the most part we are not obligated to attend until further notice. Hope all is going well for you. Love and hugs. XoXo